In a stark contrast to the views of recessing European car market which declined by 7.3 percent, Korean based Hyundai registered a handsome 12.5 percent gain in sales recording its best ever first quarter.
- A total of 114,571 units were sold
- An increment of 12.5 percent compared to the first quarter of last year.
- At the same time European Car Market shrunk by 7.3 percent
- Hyundai now holds 3.3 percent of total European Market
- i30 hatch and station wagon, ix35 crossover and ix20 supermini accounted for more than 50 percent of these sales.
- Hyundai plans to achieve a market share of 3.5 percent by the end of 2012
- New generation i30 expected to be the driver to this goal.