Gradually Hyundai is readying its premium SUV Santa Fe for a worldwide launch. The company has revealed the first look, details along with the pricing of the SUV in Europe ahead of the debut at Paris Motor Show.
- The interior and exterior styling would remain the same as the North America Santa Fe .
- In North America, Hyundai will also launch a longer 4905mm 7-seater version of Santa Fe called as LWB. In Europe there would be only the regular 4690mm version which would have five or seven seat options.
- The SUV would be powered by the 2.2L turbocharged diesel engine which is taken from the existing model and is capable of producing 197PS of power output and 421Nm of maximum torque.
- The SUV would be made available in 6 speed manual and automatic gearbox
- In UK, Santa Fe would be available in both 2-wheel drive as well as 4-wheel drive with the same 2.2L engine.
- Santa Fe would be offered in 3 trims with different equipment list.
Hyundai is expected to launch the Santa Fe in Brazil in Feb 2013 and has ambitous plans for this SUV. There is no word of its launch for the Indian market but we expect it to come to India during mid-next year.