Hyundai India has today launched the all-new Tucson in India for Rs 18.99 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi). With over 4.5 million units sold globally of the SUV, the new Tucson now enters its third generation avatar. A four-wheel drive variant though still alludes Hyundai fans.
The success of the Creta has made Hyundai confident. Why shouldn’t it be? Despite the high pricing, the Creta has been a segment leader in terms of sales. With the new Tucson, with its bold Fluidic Design and family resemblance, the South Korean car maker has similar hopes. The price tag ranging between Rs 18.99 lakhs to Rs 24.99 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi), that too introductory) was termed as ‘on the higher side’ by a few dealer partners we spoke to at the launch venue.
The Tucson will be available with two powertrains, a petrol and a diesel:
- A 1,999 cc Nu Petrol churning out 155 PS of power at 6,200 rpm, and 192 Nm of torque at 4,000 rpm. Mated to this is a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed auto unit. The manual returns 13.03 kmpl while the auto gives 12.95 kmpl.
- A 1,995 cc diesel mill churning out 185 PS of maximum power at 4,000 rpm and 400 Nm of torque peaking in the range of 1,750 to 2,750 rpm. This one too gets the same 6-speed manual and auto gearbox. The efficiency figures for manual is 18.42 kmpl and 16.38 kmpl for the auto.
If we talk about safety features, the Tucson is developed with 51 percent Advanced High Strength Steel which helps it attain high rigidity, low NVH levels and high durability. With a 5 star NCAP rating, the SUV gets 6 airbags, ESP, Hill start assist control, and 1st in class downhill brake control. ABS and EBD is standard across all variants. It also gets:
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Reverse parking camera
- Height adjustable front seatbelts
- Speed sensing auto door lock
- Impact sensing auto door unlock
- 3 point ELR seatbelt
- Child seat anchor
If we talk about features, it gets a 1st in class 8 inch touchscreen audio video navigation system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity with voice recognition. This is mated with a 4+2 speaker entertainment system.
Other features include:
- Hands free smart power tailgate with height adjustment (1st in class)
- Electric parking brake
- Dual zone FATC with cluster ioniser
- Welcome function
- Auto folding ORVM with heated function
- Auto headlamp with escort function
- Smart key and push button start
- Auto defogger
- Glove box cooling
- Rear seat armrest with cup holder
- Rear air-con vent
Hyundai India will be offering 3 years/unlimited kilometres warranty with the Tucson. They will also be offering 4th year extended warranty to Hyundai loyal customers.
The Tucson will be available in 5 colours:
- Pure White
- Sleek Silver
- Star Dust
- Phantom Black
- Wine Red
Here’s the full pricing details of the Hyundai Tucson: