At an event today in Delhi, Hyundai has unveiled their latest salvo in the ‘compact sedan’ segment and the name given to the new much-awaited car is ‘XCENT’. This was a global unveiling for the media.
Named after Accent, Xcent represents the targeting of the car to the new ‘X’ gen. Hyundai says they have young people between the age of 20 to 30 in sights.
Hyundai Xcent Features:
- Swept back smoked headlamps and wrap-around tail lamps with chrome insert
- Chrome finish hexagonal air dam
- Steeply raked windshield
- Wide daylight opening area
- Front bumper with integrated spoiler design
- Diamond cut alloy wheels and chrome door handles
- Dual tone beige and black interiors
- Claimed best in class boot space. No figures revealed
- Rear AC Vents (first in segment)
- Smart key with push button start
- 2 DIN audio with USB, CD Player and 1GB internal memory
- Auto folding mirrors
- ABS and front airbags
Hyundai XCENT Engine Options:
Hyundai did not reveal the engine specs, however they confirmed that XCENT will be available in both petrol and diesel. And the engines have been tuned for performance and fuel efficiency. Xcent will come with both manual transmission as well as an automatic box. The Autobox on offer is expected to be limited to the petrol engine only.
This means the suspense over the diesel engine ie will it continue to be the 1.1 U2 motor or 1.4 CRDI engine, remains.
Xcent is designed to fill up the void left by discontinuation of the Accent. Hyundai confirmed that XCENT will be launched next month in India and will be priced competitively. After its launch, Xcent will be Hyundai’s answer to the Honda Amaze and the Maruti Dzire.
Hyundai XCENT Pic Gallery