The mid-size sedan segment has recently been about a constant slug fest between the current market leader Honda City and erstwhile topper Hyundai Verna. While the City got a major upgrade earlier this year, Verna has undergone only a minor cosmetic update.
Honda City, being the current market leader, sold over 7,700 units last month while the Verna managed to clock less than half of that…about 3,200 units. Well, Hyundai is not going to remain silent for long.
They have a major update planned for the Verna which, as per a report published in Autocar India will be launched in India by the end of this year. The new Verna facelift has been released in Russia where it is called as Solaris.
The car, though, will have the same engine options; it is supposed to carry an upgrade regarding its automatic gearbox. The 4 speed automatic will be axed for a new 6 speed one. The Russian car gets the automatic only in the petrol version. The diesel crazy India should also get the new transmission.
Verna Facelift Features:
The Verna facelift now looks more like a smaller sibling of Indian Sonata and clearly has a lot of design cues shared. Here is a list of the changes…
- Sharper lines and maturity in terms of design
- Chrome tipped front radiator protection grille with two slits
- New Head lamps cluster and new LED fog lamps
- Front nose appears larger and wider
- The rear tail lamps get re-styled LED inserts
- Re-styled rear bumpers with reflectors and black lip