Update: Article updated with the spy picture of the new updated Verna with restyled alloy wheels
Ever since Hyundai launched the new Verna, it has been a revelation and has been ruling the sales charts month on month. It beats all its rivals in the segment including the City, Vento and others.
However, the going will not be easy for the Korean with the oncoming competition. In the latest scooped bits, we have learnt that Maruti is preparing an SX4 replacement and Fiat has already started testing their 2014 Linea for India which will debut the 1.6L Multijet in the country.
Possibly as a result of the hullabaloo, Hyundai has decided to give a minor update to the already gorgeous looking fludic Verna. According to Autocar, the fresher Verna will get:
- Back-lit buttons for power windows for ease of operation during dark
- Back-lit steering mounted audio controls on higher variants
- Top variant Verna to get restyled alloy wheels
- A possibility of Hyundai adding LED DRLs (Daytime Running Lamps) on Verna
However, Autocar also predicts that Hyundai may also do some cost cutting which may include:
- Slashing of the middle-row headrest from the rear seat. Current Verna has 3
- Also, the spare wheel in alloy-wheel models will get a steel spare wheel against the current option of all 5 alloys
Evidently, these are minor changes which might have resulted due to customer feedback. This updated Verna will reach the showrooms shortly is what Autocar says and we believe there will not be any official announcement on the same.
Interestingly, Hyundai is preparing a compact sedan version of Grand i10 which will sit under the Verna to compete with Dzire and Amaze. You can read details here.