We are just a few days away from Hyundai i20 Active’s launch. i20 Active adds up to the current list of cross hatchbacks like Avventura and will be Hyundai’s attempt to woo buyers of this segment which prefer their cars to be slightly more useful/capable and rugged than the regular hatchbacks.
Media drives are underway and Autocar has driven the car and shared a lot of its details including its engines. Here we list 5 major pointers which will help you understand the differences in the car. We are omitting any exterior visual changes as we have already talked about them earlier.
- Ground Clearance: i20 Active comes with a 20mm higher ground clearance than the hatchback. At 190mm (i20 hatch 170mm), it is still lesser than 205mm of Avventura.
- Engine Options: Hyundai has carried over the same engine options from the hatchback which also churn out same power and torque. The i20 Active continues to be propelled by the 83PS/115Nm 1.2 liter VTVT petrol engine and 90PS/220Nm 1.4 liter CRDi diesel motor.
- Engine Tweaks: However, the company claims that they have tweaked both the engines for extra responsiveness. In terms of ‘how much’ Hyundai says that the petrol version is 6 percent better whereas the diesel is 11 percent more responsive in bottom end response.
- Fuel Efficiency: As a result of this tweak (and various other factors), the i20 Active returns a little lesser fuel efficiency for both the engines. For petrol, the fuel efficiency has dropped from 18.24 kmpl to 17.19 kmpl whereas the rated fuel efficiency of diesel at 21.19 kmpl has gone down from 22.54 kmpl of the hatchback
- Interior Options: The company has carried over the same dashb0ard layout from the hatchback and the interiors will be available in two dual-tone options.
Almost everything about the car in terms of specs is now known. Prices will be announced at its official launch on 17th March.
Hyundai i20 Active Pics