At a ceremony in Mumbai, Isuzu has signalled their oncoming in the pick-up segment with the launch of D-MAX pick-up trucks in India which will go against the Xenons that we have loved so far!
Here are quick first bytes from the launch:
- Isuzu is quick to point out that these are India-made range of pick-up trucks
- There are 3 variants on offer (details below)
- Isuzu estimates India to become world’s largest pick-up truck market by 2023
- With this Isuzu has also opened its first dealership in Mumbai and plans rapid expansion soon.
Isuzu D-Max Variants:
Isuzu is offering three variants of their D-Max pick-ups
- D-Max Single Cab (with flat deck)
- D-Max Space Cab (with Flat Deck)
- D-Max Space Cab (with Arched Deck)
The DMax Space Cab has an additional 1.5 feet space behind the driver’s seat which can carry valuable or fragile load.
D-Max Truck Engines:
Isuzu’s DMax trucks are powered by a 2499cc 4 cylinder intercooled and turbocharged diesel engine which produces 134bhp of power at 3600 rpm and a handy 294Nm of torque at 1800-3200 rpm range. A 5-speed manual gearbox does duty here and Isuzu claims that it can carry a payload of 1.2 ton effortlessly.
D-Max pick-up trucks come with the following features…
- Power Steering
- Power Windows
- Central Locking
- AC with heater
D-Max Colour Options
D-Max Space Cab is available in three colour options
- Alpine white
- Sterling Metallic Silver
- Nautilus Blue
Isuzu has not mentioned about the colour options for single cab.
Isuzu has priced the D-Max competitively and the price range starts from Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- D-Max Single Cab (flat deck): Rs 5.99 Lakhs
- D-Max Space Cab (Flat Deck): Rs 6.19 Lakhs
- D-Max Space Cab (Arched Deck): Rs 7.09 Lakhs
These prices are ex-showroom Mumbai and ‘Special Launch Prices’ as mentioned by Isuzu, which means we may well see a rise sometime later.
We would have loved to see a double cab option here. Let’s see if Isuzu considers it sometime later. So, if you were planning to buy the Tata Xenon’s pick-ups do have a look at these new Isuzu’s D-Max.