The road for Jeep India has not a cakewalk in India. With a high price-tag the manufacturer managed to shock everyone. That includes critics as well as enthusiasts. However, they now have the opportunity to amend that with an upcoming Made in India SUV.
FCA has confirmed that the 2017 Jeep Compass will be manufactured in India. Apart from our country, the SUV will be manufactured in China, Brasil and Mexico. Exports from these four nations will take care of consumers in more than 100 countries. Here’s what we know about the Compass for India so far:
- The company has also confirmed that the 2017 Jeep Compass will be launched mid next year.
- The Compass will be offered in three trim levels.
- The SUV boasts of best in class off-road capability with two intelligent 4×4 systems.
- Globally engine options include three petrol and two diesel mills.
- India will also be getting a petrol option along with a diesel which is expected to be the 2.0-litre multijet engine.
- Boasting of rigid foundations, the new Jeep Compass gets a single body structure for upper body and frame.
- More than 65 percent high-strength steel is used for maximising vehicle dynamics and crash performance.
- A 7 inch LED driver information display system has been provided which is the largest such screen in the segment.
Apart from the Compass, Jeep is also rumoured to be working on a new entry-level sub Rs 10 lakh SUV!