If you have been following MotorBash, you must know about the development at Fiat’s house and their future product lineup for India.
Recently the Italian giant officially announced the iconic American brand Jeep’s Indian Entry. In all Jeep will launch eight SUVs in India including refreshes and new models in the coming years [See List]. Among them, the first ones to make it to India are the Grand Cherokee and Wrangler.
A few days back, there was a mule of new New Grand Cherokee that was reportedly caught testing in India, and the flagship SUV has been officially unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show a few days back. Let’s have a look into the updated and added features.
The new Grand Cherokee is not just a cosmetic makeover but has got some ‘major’ changes under the hood!
Changes in Exterior Styling:
- New look with new Chrysler 300 look alike headlamps featuring dynamic cornering HID bi-xenons and LED DRL
- Re-worked front grille with new fog lamp housing
- New Front Bumper
- New tail lamps with more LEDs and a re-worked tail gate
- New rear spoiler
- New 10-Spoke Alloy Wheels
- A stylish T-Handle shifter with a new launch control button on it
- Signature SRT Exclusive 3-Spoke Heated steering wheel with paddle shifters
- A revised Centre console housing 8.4-Inch U-Connect infotainment system
- A new instrument cluster with 7-inch customizable display
- New electronic gearshift selector
- Active safety features including adaptive cruise control, front park assist and front collision alert (Optional)
- High quality leather in more color trims, open-pore woods and unique copper touch-ups on black and brown finish interiors
Changes Under the Hood:
- Jeep is retaining the massive 6.4-Liter HEMI V8 with 470 odd horses (@ 6,000 RPM) and 630 Nm torque (@4,300 RPM), but has replaced it’s 5-Speed better half with a new 8-Speed Auto box. This change has increased the towing capacity by 44%.
- A new Eco Mode that optimizes shift and deactivates 4 of the 8 cylinders whenever possible in turn increasing the fuel efficiency.
- A software upgradation to the Selec-Track system to make all 5 dynamic driving modes (Auto, Sport, Tow, Track and Snow) distinctive
- Improved crawl ratio of 44.1:1
- Selec-Terrain controller with hill ascent and descent control with new driver-determined speed capability
After having talked about the new Grand Cherokee for so long, we are still unclear whether it will be this new Grand Cherokee that will be launched in India towards the last quarter of this year or will it be the currently available model.
By the Way, have you started saving for this beast?