The second-generation Ford Figo launched at starting introductory prices of Rs 4.3 Lakhs ex-showroom Delhi.
Ford has finally launched the second-generation Figo in India months after they made their entry into the compact sedan segment with the Figo Aspire. Priced at Rs 4.30 Lakhs, the new Figo aims to continue with the good work the outgoing version did to (Ford’s) India sales.
Figo gets standard driver airbag in the base variant and driver + passenger airbags from the second base variant onwards. On the top Titanium trim it gets segment first 6 airbags…
Engines & Fuel Efficiency:
The new Ford Figo gets the same engine options as that of its compact sedan version. This includes:
- A 1.2 litre Ti-VCT petrol producing 88 PS of power at 5,000 rpm and 112 Nm of peak torque at 4,000 rpm. Mated with a 5 speed manual transmission it returns a fuel efficiency of 18.16 kmpl.
- A 1.5 litre TDCi diesel which produces a segment leading 100 PS of maximum power at 3,750 rpm and 215 Nm of torque in the range of 1,750 to 3,000 rpm. This too is mated with a 5 speed manual transmission and returns an impressive fuel efficiency figure of 25.83 kmpl!
- As we informed earlier, the 1.5 litre Ti-VCT petrol mill is also on offer which pulls this variant out of the excise duty benefit. It churns out 112 PS at 6,300 rpm and 136 Nm of peak torque at 4,250 rpm. The icing on the cake is the 6 speed dual clutch automatic unit and it returns a rated fuel efficiency of 17 kmpl.
While the Ford Figo hatch may appear to be similar to the Aspire, few subtle differences help it stand out. This includes a slightly pointed upper lip protruding above the front grille. The rear roof line now culminates with a crafty looking roof spoiler. The tail lamp too has been touched up a bit for a more prominent wrap around effect. In comparison with the competition, we see it as a fresh new looking alternative…
New Ford Figo Variants & Price:
- Figo Base petrol: Rs 4,29,900
- Figo Ambiente Petrol: Rs 4,56,600
- Figo Trend Petrol: Rs 500,600
- Figo Trend+ Petrol: Rs 5,25,600
- Figo Titanium Petrol: Rs 5,75,600
- Figo Titanium+ Petrol: Rs 6,40,600
- Figo Base diesel: Rs 5,29,900
- Figo Ambiente Diesel: Rs 5,62,600
- Figo Trend Diesel: Rs 5,97,600
- Figo Trend+ Diesel: Rs 6,22,600
- Figo Titanium Diesel: Rs 6,72,600
- Figo Titanium+ Diesel: Rs 7,40,600
As was the case with the older Figo, Ford has continued with aggressive pricing and it significantly undercuts its rivals. Ford actually presented a graph comparing the prices of the new Figo with Swift and Grand i10.
Ford Figo Pics