Renault Kwid’s launch is just round the corner and the car has already caught a lot of attention. The company has also started marketing it aggressively wherein they are promoting the car via social media as well as traditional media channels.
We have recently driven the new Kwid in Goa and you can read its review and road test here. Kwid is powered by an all-new 799 cc three pot petrol mill which produces 54 PS of maximum power and 72 Nm of peak torque. At a certified fuel efficiency rating of 25.17 kmpl, Kwid is the most efficient petrol car in the country. Today let us share its brochure with you which lists its variants and their respective features…
Key Pointers of Kwid
- Kwid will be available in four variants which includes Standard, RXE, RXL and RXT. RXE saved for the bigger 1.0 Liter motor?
- The boot space in the Kwid is an impressive 300 litres which is not just more than its direct competitors but is also more than products much above its segment like the Ritz and Swift.
- Kwid weighs just 660 kilos (kerb weight) which is 35 kilos lighter than the Alto 800 and 40 kilos lighter than the Tata Nano Twist.
- With a wheelbase of 2,422 mm Kwid beats all of its direct competition which includes the Eon and the two Altos. Just for your reference, Kwid has a longer wheelbase than a few bigger cars like Brio.
- Thanks to its segment leading width the car also boasts of best in class shoulder room.
- With an SUV like stance, Kwid gets a massive ground clearance of 180 mm which is more than most hatchbacks available in the country, and a few dummy cross hatchbacks as well.
- Kwid also gets a first in-class 7 inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth and Navigation in the top end variant RXT. Now this is a feature which is unheard of in even cars above its segment.
- Remote keyless entry and central locking is provided in the top trim while an engine immobiliser is available in all trims except the base variant.
- A driver side airbag has been made available though only in the top end variant as an optional extra. ABS on the other hand is absent throughout the range.
- A heater has been made available across all variants but the base variant is devoid of air conditioner.
- A handy gear shift indicator has also been made available across all variants.
Kwid will be available in the following five color options:
- Fiery Red
- Ice Cool White
- Moonlight Silver
- Outback Bronze
- Planet Grey
Now, that we know almost everything about the car, we have driven it, let us hope Renault keeps the prices as promised, between the 3 to 4 lakh range.