Creta facelift launch expected next month
Creta is Hyundai’s answer to the compact SUV craze in India. It has been a very successful product for Hyundai here and still sells in pretty decent numbers. First introduced in 2015, it is high time it gets a facelift.
Now, in a story published by TeamBHP, a completely uncamouflaged pic of the facelifted Creta has been leaked. The picture is speculated to be clicked while the car was being shot for a TV commercial. It is a front shot of the car and gives us a quick glance at what all changes can be expected on the facelift.
2018 Creta Changes
- First thing to notice is the redesigned front hexagonal grill which appears bigger than earlier and also has a chrome surround on it.
- Bumper is redone as well, making it look curvier and more muscular. It also features a newly designed housing for the fog lamps.
- Air dam on the bumper is now surrounded by silver inserts and is very close to the place where the new grill meets the bumper.
- New headlight units are swept backwards and feature LED DRLs & projector lamps.
- The facelifted car also sports a dual tone paint job which is expected to be offered on some of the variants as an option.
The car also gets body coloured ORVMs with integrated turn signals. We also know from some earlier reports that new Creta will also get a sunroof as an option. There are also speculations around a tweaked rear bumper and some changes to the tail-light design.
New Creat will continue to have the same engine line up as offered on the existing car. These are a 1.4L 89 BHP & a 1.6L 126 BHP diesel and a 1.6L 123BHP petrol.