Tata next attempt to boost Nano’s sales will be a new model named as Nano GenX. The new car will come with a manual as well as an AMT gearbox (termed as Easy Shift by Tata) for the first time. Nano GenX will be the cheapest car to come with clutchless AMT.
We have got hold of GenX’s promotional material which lists almost all the details the car will come with and we see the company has really tried to put in that extra effort and the GenX does appear to be loaded for the segment it is placed in….a step closer in making it a ‘smart’ city car!
Let us list all the key pointers and features for your…
Tata Nano GenX Key Pointers & Features
- The Easy Shift Automated Manual Transmission shall come with a creep mode which is previously unseen in other AMT cars available in India. It will help in bumper to bumper traffic as the driver would not have to keep pressing the accelerator. The car will automatically start crawling slowly once the driver lifts his or her foot off the brake pedal.
- A sports mode! Yes, a sports mode in a Nano for small bursts of sprints between the traffic lights. Apart from this, one also gets the convenience of a manual mode as well.
- Safety has been given a priority in the new Nano GenX. The car claims to have advanced structural stability thanks to a reinforced front body structure, robust side doors with intrusion beams and impact cushioning crumple zones. You even get an anti-roll bar for high speed stability.
- The usual features like air conditioner (which Tata claims to be the best in class), remote keyless entry with central locking and electronic power steering. You also get a four speaker AmphiStream integrated music system with Bluetooth, Aux-in and USB connectivity.
- Thanks to the openable tailgate one now gets easy access to store luggage in the car, bringing up the luggage space to 110 litres but Tata has put up a small disclaimer that this is applicable only for the manual variants.
- The Nano GenX also comes with a bigger 24 litre fuel tank for extended range although the fuel efficiency in the AMT variant drops down to 21.9 kmpl.
- The new design philosophy brings in the infinity grille in the form of a smilie. The car also gets smoked head lamps, new steering wheel (from the Zest and the Bolt) and a tailgate spoiler.
Nano GenX Other Bits:
- Ground Clearance: 180 mm
- Turning Radius: 4 meters (smallest)
- Manual Variant will come (at least) in XE, XM and XT
- 4 years or 60,000 km warranty
Nano GenX Color Options
Tata is offering the new Nano GenX in 7 color options, one more than the current Nano Twist. Here is the list
- Damson Purple
- Sangria Red
- Dazzle Blue
- Royal Gold
- Pearl White
- Meteor Silver
- Persian Rose (Pink)
Out of this Sangria Red and Persian Rose are new to the palette and Tata is not offering the Papaya Orange of the Twist on the GenX.