Last month, March, it seems ends up being one of the most important for the year as well. Manufacturers across various specialities have planned as many as 6 new launches in the country.
We have launches planned from as low as Rs 3 lakhs till 17-18 Lakhs of the spectrum. Let us list them down for you:
1. Fiat Linea Facelift: Fiat took the lead and launched a facelifted version of their prime offering in the C-segment – the 2014 Linea facelift. New Linea gets a choice of 3 engine options – Naturally aspirated 1.4L, Turbocharged 1.4L petrol engines and the 1.3L Multijet diesel motor.
Price starts from as low as Rs 6.99 Lakhs and goes all the way till Rs 9.72 Lakhs for the top of the line Emotion Diesel.
2. Hyundai Xcent: Next up in the pipeline is Hyundai’s most important salvo for the year – Xcent compact sedan. In an official confirmation, Hyundai has shared that it will be launched in the market on 12th of the month. While the 1.2L Kappa2 petrol motor in manual and automatic transmission is a given, there is still a suspense on the diesel engine.
It may either get the same 1.1L U2 diesel engine from the Grand i10 or the 1.4L CRDI motor from i20. Prices are expected to start from Rs 4.7 Lakhs, in turn making it the most affordable compact sedan in the market under Amaze & Dzire.
3. 2014 Tata Aria: It was MotorBash, which exclusively busted the 2014 Tata Aria which will come with 10PS of more power and higher fuel efficiency. The launch is slated for 12th March and prices are expected to be interesting. 2014 Aria will also come with better packed quality of both interiors and exteriors as well as a few cosmetic changes.
4. Tata Movus MPV: It was MotorBash yet again to reveal the new MPV in exclusive spyshots as well as its new name MOVUS. Movus will be a slightly altered version of the Sumo Grande and will come with the 2.2L DICOR motor with power & torque specs of 120PS and 250Nm respectively.
Apart from that, Tata has also reportedly worked upon the clutch and brakes and the new MPV will be lighter than the outgoing one. Launch is slated for 12 March, along with 2014 Aria.
5. Datsun GO: We are just back from the Media drive of Datsun’s first ever product in India, Go! While we will share all the details with you in an exhaustive drive review report shortly, the launch is scheduled within two weeks from now. Go is a very interesting product from Datsun which gets the same 1.2L 3-cylinder engine from Nissan Micra in a slightly detuned state along with impressive fuel efficiency figures of over 20kmpl.
Against what it appears, Go will be pitted head on with the smaller Alto 800, Eon and Spark. You can check out our complete coverage here.
6. 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift: While it has not been confirmed but the new 2014 Fiesta is also expected to be launched in the market within this month, possibly towards the end of it. Ford officially premiered the car in India at the Auto Expo and it will also be very aggressively priced in the market, according to the signals coming from the company.
It will get the 1.5L TDCI diesel engine along with the 1.5L Ti-VCT petrol motor, however, in an exclusive observation, we have also talked about the possibility of the much-awaited 1.0L EcoBoost turbocharged petrol engine on the car here.
With Fiesta in the fray, new City, Verna, 2014 Linea, Vento and the upcoming Ciaz, it will be a nice little battle for supremacy.
Club this with the latest excise duty reduction and you, the buyer has all the positive vibes going around. So, which one are you getting among these?