One of India’s favorite SUV and Mahindra’s workhorse, Scorpio has been launched in a Limited Edition called as ‘Scorpio Special Edition’.
The new Special Edition Scorpio is essentially the same SUV and comes loaded with added accessories, different trims and finishes. Here are the major pointers and features of Mahindra Scorpio Special Edition:
- Scorpio Special Edition is a Limited Edition model limited to 500 units in all.
- It is available only in the special Pearl White color.
- Chrome plated alloy wheels
- Racy decals
- High Gloss wood finish center bezel
- Tan & Beige European Leather Seat upholstery
- Leather encased steering wheel and gear shift knob
- Roof mounted 9 inch DVD Player
- EST – Extra Stability Technology
- Intellipark with sensors in the rear bumper to help in reverse parking
- Intelligent rain and light sensors that automatically control wipers and headlights
- Tyre-tronics- which updates exact air pressure and temperature on each tyre
Scorpio Special Edition comes equipped with the same 2.2L 4 cylinder mHawk diesel engine that churns out 120bhp of power output and is claimed to speed up from naught to 60kmph in 5.7 seconds.
Mahindra Scorpio Special Edition Price
Mahindra has priced the Scorpio Special Limited Edition at Rs 11.88 Lakh ex-showroom in Delhi for the BS4 variant. The regular VLX Scorpio retails for Rs 11.30 Lakh ex-showroom Delhi. This means that Mahindra is charging an additional Rs 48,000 for all the additional tidbits mentioned above.
Despite the heightened competition in the form of more contemporary rivals, Scorpio has managed to keep itself afloat in the market and has been doing some real brisk business for the company.