It has been in the news and it was a Diwali candidate for sure, however, Mahindra seems to be a day or two late in officially launching the entry W4 variant of XUV500 in the market.
Nonetheless, it is here and it has been launched at a very exciting price tag of Rs 10.83 Lakh ex-showroom Mumbai. Here is what comes (and goes) on the entry level W4 trim of XUV500:
What You Get:
- Same 2.2L mHawk diesel engine with 140bhp of power and 330Nm of torque produced at 3730 rpm and 1600-2800 rpm respectively.
- Same technicals like the 6-speed gearbox, 17 inch tubeless tyres etc
- Projectors with LED parking Lights
- Dual front airbags (driver and passenger)
- ABS with EBD
- Disc brakes on all 4 wheels
- Tilt power steering
- Power adjustable ORVMs
- Height-adjustable driver seat
- A significant price advantage
What You Miss Out On (In comparison with W6 & W8):
- 6-inch Touscreen infotainmesnt system with DVD player
- DIS in-built infotainment system
- Tyre-tronics, Intellipark, Rain-sensing wipers, Intelligent Light-sensing headlamps
- Side & curtain airbags
- Hill hold and hill descent control
- Alloy Wheels
- Front fog lamps
- Telescopic steering
- Leather upholstery
- Power-foldable ORVMs
- Steering mounted audio control, cruise control
If you check the specs sheet, you will understand that XUV500 W4 is still very well loaded for what the SUV offers. This goes specially in comparison with the exorbitantly priced competition in the form of Nissan Terrano and Renault Duster.
Mahindra XUV500 W4 Prices in Major Cities of India (Ex-Showroom)
- XUV500 W4 Mumbai: Rs 10,83,442
- XUV500 W4 Delhi: Rs 10,95,000
- XUV500 W4 Bangalore: Rs 11,05,486
- XUV500 W4 Pune: Rs 10,83,442
- XUV500 W4 Chennai: Rs 11,05,333
So far, Mahindra has sold more that 74,000 XUVs in the market since the last two years it has been here. Its only during the last few months XUV500 has started loosing steam because of the intense competition that is being generated in this segment.
Do you think, W4 is a masterstroke and will be able to generate loosing interest in the potent SUV. More importantly, will you go for one over Duster and others in this segment?