Ever since Maruti gave the Dzire a facelift and a chopped boot, resulting in its price reduction, sales of the cars has propelled to new highs.
Dzire is now even beats its sibling Swift in monthly sales and is the second largest selling car in the market. Everyone has been calling Amaze as the first true rival against Dzire which can challenge the car and snatch its sales. However, the following facts just leave us bamboozled and completely baffled!
- Maruti Dzire sold 1,69,571 units in complete 365 days of the last financial year.
- It averaged a total monthly sales of 14,000-15,000 units
- It peaked to 18,000 units in the month of March 2013
- Maruti has sold around 5.30 Lakh units of Dzire since its launch.
- Despite being in the market for so long, Dzire still commands a waiting period of anywhere around 1-4 months
- Dzire is still sitting on 40,000 bookings
Competition has squared up from all sides with new launches in this segment and despite all that Dzire continues to defy all logics. 40,000 bookings is 4 months of total production capacity of Honda for all the cars put together! With Amaze also running into waiting periods, a question just strikes us – Is Dzire really invincible in the Indian market? No matter what it will continue to sell? What do you feel?