The last few days have been interesting for the SUV segment which saw the introduction of Hyundai Creta very recently and now Maruti Suzuki has followed with the launch of their premium-most product SCross! Promoted as a ‘Premium Crossover’ S-Cross will slug it out against Duster, Terrano, Creta along with Scorpio and others.
The biggest USP of S-Cross is the introduction of the much awaited 1.6L Multijet diesel engine which makes its Indian debut, interestingly on a non-Fiat car! Let us quickly list all the important pointers, variants and prices of the car.
S-Cross: Key Pointers & Features:
- SCross is offered in 2 diesel engine – D200 & D320. There is NO Petrol Engine.
- ABS, dual airbags upfront and all 4 disc brakes are standard across all variants
- S-Cross will be the first model which will be sold through Nexa dealerships
- There is no automatic transmission and nor is there an option of 4 wheel drive
- Cruise Control
- Auto dimming IRVM
- Reverse Parking Camera
- Self-adjusting Hydraulic clutch
- Rain sensing auto wipers
- Engine Push start/stop button
- Smart Play infotainment system
- Driver-side Anti Pinch Power Window
S-Cross gets two diesel engines, both of them sourced from Fiat.
DDIS 200: The 1.3L DDIS diesel motor produces 90 PS of peak power at 4000 rpm and 200 Nm of max torque at 1750 rpm and is mated to a 5 speed manual transmission. Maruti claims a 0 to 100 kmph sprint in 13.2 seconds and it comes with a rated fuel efficiency of 23.65 kmpl.
DDIS 320: The 1.6L DDIS diesel engine churns out 120 PS of maximum power at 3720 rpm and 320 Nm of peak torque at 1750 rpm and is coupled with a 6 Speed manual transmission. It has an ARAI certified fuel efficiency rating of 22.70 kmpl and a claimed zero to hundred kmph sprint in 11.3 seconds.
S-Cross Quick Specifications
- Dimensions (Length x Width x Height) : 4300 x 1765 x 1590 mm
- Wheelbase: 2600 mm
Maruti is offering the car in a choice of five color options.
- Urban Blue : Signature color
- Pearl Arctic White
- Caffeine Brown
- Premium Silver
- Granite Grey
S-Cross Variants & Pricing
S-Cross is being offered in a total of 7 variants – 4 in DDIS 200 and 3 in DDIS 320. Here are the respective prices
- S-Cross DDIS 200 Sigma: Rs 8,34,000
- S-Cross DDIS 200 Delta: Rs 9,15,000
- S-Cross DDIS 200 Zeta: Rs 9,99,000
- S-Cross DDIS 200 Alpha: Rs 10,75.000
- S-Cross DDIS 320 Delta: Rs 11,99,000
- S-Cross DDIS 200 Zeta: Rs 12,99,000
- S-Cross DDIS 200 Alpha: Rs 13,74,000
*all prices ex-showroom in Delhi
The DDIS 200 comprehensively beats Creta 1.4L in prices. The DDIS 320 is priced at par with the 1.6 liter model of Creta.