So the long awaited Ritz facelift has been launched in India but the surprise is that it was a rather low and silent affair.
The most important pointers about the New Ritz are:
- In all there are 52 changes in the car
- New Ritz is claimed to be 10% more fuel efficient than the outgoing diesel variant. ARAI claimed figures have gone up from 21.1kmpl to 23.2kmpl similar to the new Swift.
- The most important point to note is that the diesel lineup will also come with a top of the line ZDI variant which was not offered till now.
- Ritz ZDI gets dual airbags, ABS, alloys and steering mounted audio controls.
- The engine specs remain the same at 75PS and 190NM.
- As we have seen from the spy pics and international market variants – new headlamps, rear spoiler, body side mouldings, lumbar support, new front grille, new audio system with USB, dual tone red interiors.
- 3 New Colors Added – Mystique Red, Granite Grey, Breeze Blue
- Surprisingly there is no mention about Ritz petrol.
New Ritz Prices
There would definitely be the refreshed petrol variant of Ritz which would come our way, possibly sometime later, if not now. We also know that there is an Automatic Ritz that Maruti might launch soon.
For inside out pics of the 2012 Ritz, please click here.
For ex-showroom and on-road prices of all variants of the new Ritz along with comparison with prices of Older Ritz, click here.