WagonR facelift launch speculated by 2018 end or 2019 beginning
WagonR has been Maruti Suzuki’s one of the most successful cars in India. It has always made it to our country’s top-selling car list but, the numbers have somewhat dwindled over the last few years. The main reason behind this is it’s dated design and the lack of features compared to its competition. To counter this, Maruti is planning to give WagonR an update. As a confirmation, a heavily camouflaged vehicle is caught testing recently. The spy pic of the test mule is posted by speedhounds.com on their facebook page.
WagonR Facelift Changes
From the picture, we can notice following changes on the car:
- Overall design remains to be “tall boy”
- Rear end near the top of the car appears to have a curve now
- The red coloured hint noticed on the side of the rear windscreen, might very well be the new location of the tail lamps
- The car appears to have a large glass area which will mean a well-lit cabin
- The front side of the car is not visible in the picture but what we can notice is the headlamp cluster appears to be extending back along the bonnet
Although nothing is known about the cabin of the WagonR facelift, Maruti Suzuki is expected to make some changes to the dashboard, seating and add modern features like infotainment system. There are expectations of some structural and mechanical changes as well, in order to make the new WagonR meet the upcoming Indian NCAP and BSVI norms.
WagonR currently is offered with a 1L K-Series petrol engine which produces 67 BHP and 90 NM torque. It comes mated to a 5-speed manual and an AMT gearbox. We can expect the car to continue with the same engine and transmission configuration. WagonR facelift is expected to launch by 2018 end or beginning 2019.