India’s biggest car manufacturing company Maruti Suzuki India revealed its latest plan that it is going to invest Rs 4,000 crore to set up a new car production facility in Gujarat by 2015-16. The company said that the new 700 acre plant near Mehsana will produce nearly about 2.5 lakh units.
“In addition to Maruti Suzuki, the company’s vendors and ancillary suppliers are expected to invest in Gujarat at matching levels” MSI said in a statement.
- This plant Of MSI is going to be the biggest investment of the company outside Haryana. The company said that the apparatus suppliers of the company are likely to make an equivalent investment to set up the plant.
- This will be the biggest investment announced in the current history by the auto corporation including the TATA Nano plant And The Ford‘s plant.
- The MSI has signed a State Support Agreement (SSA) with the Govt. of Gujarat for purchase of property near Mehsana to set up a new plant for the company. The company at current has nearly about 9,148 people employed as on March 31 2012.The company said that it will employ about 2,000 more people in Gujarat.
- “This land purchase is in line with long term management view on expansion of its manufacturing facilities in India to meet future market demand,” MSI said.
- By 2015, the Gurgaon and Manesar plants will have a total production of 17.5 lakhs units .When the new plant will be commissioned , the total production will be about 20 lakhs units.
- The new plant at Mehsana is 300km away from Mundra port which will be used for the export of the cars.
- April this year, As per , MSI Managing Executive Officer (Production) M M Singh ,the second phase at the Gujarat plant would come up on 600 acres of land, to be purchased by the company later.
Source: Financial Express