The pick-up truck market in our country is at its nascent stages and the end customer does not have many choices. You either go for the Tata Xenon or the Mahindra Getaway. However international manufacturers seem to be eyeing this very segment to mark a foray into the Indian market.
Very recently, Isuzu entered the passenger market by launching the D-MAX pick-up truck and soon we will have another entrant joining in.
For a few days, at least a couple of camouflaged test mules of Foton Tunland have been caught running around in Pune. Yesterday we shared with you closer spyshots of the pick-up which reveal the bulk and muscle the Tunland carries with itself.
And today, we share with you the interiors that Foton is testing for India. This mule carries very similar car-like interiors to the international Tunlands. According to what we have seen over the web, Foton offers Tunland in the same theme with the only difference of wooden inserts.
Shared by one of our reader, this Tunland appears to be the top of the line variant. Here is what we notice about its interiors:
- The interiors feature a fairly good looking black theme with wooden inserts running across the dashboard and on the doors
- Side AC knobs with silver outlines
- Central console gets nice outlines which run through to the gear lever
- Steering also gets a mix of black and silver
- A small cubby hole for your 500ml water bottles on the door
- Presence of bucket seats (art) leather trim
- Nice looking modern knobs for air conditioning
- It gets nice simple dual dials in instrument panel. The speedometer is towards the left of the tachometer.
- The 4 power window buttons are visible on the door
- Presence of height adjustable driver seat
On the exterior we have already seen Tunland carrying projector headlamps as well as cool looking alloys. What we have also learnt is that Foton doesn’t have any plans to launch these Tunland in India this year and a launch is more probable next year.
If Foton can launch this Tunland at an attractive price offering all these features, we can surely expect them to give a tough fight to the existing players. Apart from these, we can also expect more products coming from the company soon thereafter.