Whenever we think of Luxury City Commuting Buses, none but Volvo appears in our mind. But time is sure changing and Mercedes Benz India has launched their rival for Volvo Buses, the C125RLE City Bus at their Chakan Plant, off Pune.
What specialties does this bus have?
- Low floor with kneeling function that allows the driver to lower the Ramp for handicapped passengers during ingress and egress.
- Fully Air Conditioned with individual overhead AC vents.
- Optional Heater function makes it useful for the cooler part of the country.
- Individual plug points to power your gadgets up.
- Sitting capacity of 37 passengers and there’s space for standing as well.
- Rear mounted 7.2-Litre in-Line 6 Cylinder Turbocharged OM 926LA Diesel Engine.
- 252 HP @ 2200 RPM and 900 Nm @ 1200-1600 RPM.
- BS III Compliant and Euro 5 ready.
- BlueTec Emission Cutting Technology.
- Fully automatic transmission.
- All Disc Brakes with ABS.
- Full Air Suspension with Six Air Bellows.
- Availability of 2-Axle and 3-Axle options.
Mercedes Benz India claims that the C125RLE will return High fuel efficiency with low emissions. The BlueTec Emission Cutting Technology developed by Mercedes Benz, is an amazing system to cut off emission. This system includes injection of aqueous urea into the exhaust gas stream. The urea solution then reacts with the nitrogen oxide produced by burning the diesel and converts it to nitrogen, thus cleaning up the exhaust gases. This technology, which was pioneered on Mercedes Benz commercial vehicles, is also provided in some of the Mercedes Benz Luxury cars.
But the quality always comes with a price. Mercedes Benz India has set a price tag of INR 72 Lakhs for the 2-Axle Variant and INR 90 Lakhs for the 3-Axle variant.
Wouldn’t you want a comfortable and pollution free commuting journey in these luxury busses?
News Source : indiancarsbikes.in