After Audi’s Sportscar Experience, Indian division of the German car marquee Mercedes Benz has just announced the ‘Mercedes-Benz Performance Drive’ program.
The Germans are offering the Indians who have a thing for motoring a chance to hone their driving abilities through a host of programs which will be conducted by certified trainers known all over the world.
Here’s a summary of all the Ventures included in the program:
1. Young Star Driver Program: This is an exclusive platform to spot, nurture and launch young stars in the Formula 1 and DTM racing circuits. Open for future stars between 15-25 years, this unique event will be conducted in association with the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI). Top performers will have an opportunity to undergo Advance Training in Germany then the PRO training and finally the masters SLS AMG GT3 training.
2. Star Off-Road Experience: Participants of this program will be invited to Pune, the home of Mercedes-Benz India where the specially created off road test-track and the powerful SUVs from Mercedes Benz stable will await them. Under supervision of experienced trainers, the participants will be taught the basics of off-road driving. A chauffeured Mercedes for ground transport and a visit to the plant are additional highlights of the program.
3. Track Day Experience: For the first time in India, the corporate czars will get an opportunity to burn rubber in the iconic Buddh international Circuit on a range of high performance AMG Cars. The event will include qualifying rounds over two days and opportunity to get trained by professionals on performance driving techniques like cornering, braking, slalom etc. Also on the anvil is Corporate Track Day and programs for team building activities around performance driving.
4. International Driving experiences: This program will allow motoring enthusiasts in India to drive highly versatile cars in most exotic locations. So be it a snow-driving program near the Arctic Circle or a world tour in the G-Class, exotic driving experiences are now available at the fingertips.
5. AMG Driving Academy: Car nuts who dream of a career on the track, will experience track driving in powerful AMG series of cars from Mercedes-Benz and will be trained under race veterans and professionals about the different nuances of performance driving in this adrenaline gushing engagement.
6. Star Drive experience: This enables participants to experience the capabilities of the Mercedes-Benz cars and SUVs through specially created driving situations. Participants behind the wheel would push it to the limits of driving under supervision of trained professionals, at the Star Drive experience.
Mercedes Benz are looking to connect with their audience in a different manner altogether. They are not looking to only sell the cars, but also looking to tell the people what their cars are capable of doing and what is the right way to tame your ride. The Germans are here to stay and they surely know that the cult which the 3 pointer star is will surely have a lot of followers for years to come.