In a glittering event in Mumbai, Mercedes has launched the big daddy of SUV’s, the traditional looking powerhouse, new G63 AMG.
Here are the main pointers of the launch:
- G63 AMG is powered by a twin turbo supercharged 5.5 Liters V8 motor which is capable of churning out 544 hp of peak power (@ 5500 rpm) and a ground breaking 760Nm of maximum torque (@ 5000 rpm)
- G-Class is the oldest vehicle from Mercedes which dates back to around 33 years and one of the most successful one as well.
- G63 despite being an SUV is capable of a naught to 100kmph dash in a mere 5.4 seconds.
- G63 AMG in its latest form tops the speedometer at 205 kmph
- Mercedes G63 AMG is priced at Rs 1 crore 45 lakh and 77 thousand rupees which is Rs 14,577,000 ex-showroom Mumbai
- ECO start/stop function
- AMG radiator grille with chromed twin louvers
- AMG wheel-arch flaring with ‘V8 BITURBO’ logo
- AMG exhaust system with twin chromed side tailpipes
- AMG 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels in Titanium Grey with red painted brake calipers
- 275/50 R20 tyres
- Standard-fit Exterior Stainless Steel package.
- Illuminated AMG stainless steel door sill panels
- seats in designo leather
- leather-trimmed dashboards
- multi-function steering wheel
- door centre panels in ruffled leather
- headlining in anthracite Alcantara
- ambient lighting possibilities
New Mercedes G63 also features in the latest Die Hard movie – ‘A Good Day to Die Hard‘. A movie which promises to be full of action and entertainment and has wrecked as many as 132 cars in a chase sequence totaling a whooping $11 million. A complete thoroughbred hardroader, G63 is the one for all your off-roads and luxurious on the roads!
The closest resemblance you can draw is in the form of Force Trax Gurkha which shares its looks with these G-Class SUVs. Meanwhile Mercedes is also testing their smaller GL 350 for India and we have the exclusive proof of the same.
Mercedes G63 Photos From Launch