As we had informed you earlier that the new M-Class would be coming in May, it’s the 15th of the month that the car would be launched officially. The luxury 5-seater SUV promises to possess better drive and comfort.
- ML 350 CDI to be launched first
- More engines to come later
- The 3.0L 350 CDI produces 34 BHP more from its current 224 BHP to 258 BHP. Torque is 11.2 KGM more from 52 KGM to a humongous 63.2 KGM produced by the new iterant.
- Transmission: 7 speed 7G-Tronic auto box
- Current crop of cars to be priced around Rs 69 lakh as they would be completely imported
- Later cars would be assembled in India with localizing allowing for better sticker prices.
- Diesel engines would be assembled by Force Motors in later cars
- Great looking exteriors and equally good looking interiors (See Gallery)
- Only 5 seater option
- Dimensionally, new M class is 23mm longer, 15mm wider and 20mm lower.
- External changes include pronounced wheel arches, eye-like headlamps, reworked bumpers etc
- Alterations done to chassis and suspension to lend better handling and dynamics
- Standard features include start-stop functionality, permanent 4 wheel drive. Optional six-stage on/off-road package
You can check out new M-Class gallery here. This includes interior and exterior pictures.
Source: AutoCar India