We had talked in detail about the giveaways like the badge position, headlights, number plate position and a few more to show you that it was the new 2014 Linea being tested. You can read it here. Here is a list of the main pointers…
For a reminder, here’s the list of all exterior changes :
- New Front grille
- New fog lamp housings
- Restyled front and rear bumpers
- Number plate mounting moves up onto the bootlid
- New face with a chrome line running across
Rushlane.com has published a set of photos of one of the 2014 Linea test mules that you see here. The cynosure obviously is the dashboard, its central part being a very busy region.
What we can make out is:
- The glovebox is on top of the central AC/Vents.
- The navigation and infotainment panel is placed just below it.
- The spied test mule probably had a passenger side frontal airbag.
- Dashboard and doors are draped in a dual tone color theme.
- The dashboard looks very similar to the global model of the sedan.
These spyshots give a clearer view of the key slot, gear knob, headlamp/indicator switch, cable outlets, cup holder, steering wheels, and back seat amongst other things.
These observations are in agreement with what we had remarked earlier in another of our posts. You can have a look at it here.
2014 Linea Engine Options
- 1.6L Multijet Diesel: Fiat has officially confirmed the 1.6L turbocharged motor to do duty on the new Linea.
- 1.4L Turbocharged Petrol: The 2014 Linea will come with the peppier 1.4L turbocharged petrol engine only.
Linea Classic & Linea Facelift Positioning
The current Linea will be rebrandes as Linea Classic before launching the Linea facelift in India. Fiat has cleared is that the Linea Classic will be repositioned in the C-low segment and the Linea facelift will prowl the C-High segment.
Similar offerings are already available in Turkey. We have also compared Turkey’s prices with ours. Check them out here.
New 2014 Fiat Launch:
Fiat will launch this new Linea in the early months of the coming year of 2014. Fiat has also cleared that the current Linea will be rebranded as Linea Classic in India towards the end of this year and will be repositioned as an entry level C-segment sedan.
The new 2014 Linea will be positioned in the higher C-segment against Verna, Next-Gen City as well as the new upcoming Fiesta facelift.
Are you a taker for the new Linea?