It was probably one of the biggest news of the year for the country when the spy pics of Alto 800 emerged. Now AutoCar has reported more dope on the new car and its features.
Maruti Suzuki is planning to bring in the new Maruti Alto 800 based on the existing Alto platform. The car is expected to be priced around Rs 2 Lakh.
The all new Maruti Alto 800 will feature the following :
- 796cc three-cylinder motor(F8D) which will satisfy the latest emission norms.
- New interiors
- More spacious than the Alto
- High mounted headlights.
- Slim grille
- Huge secondary air-inlet opening above and below the bumper
- U-shaped rear-windscreen for better visibility
- Wide tailgate for better accessibility to the cargo bay
- Basic and cost-effective MacPherson strut setup in front
- Coil spring torsion beam axle at the rear.
- Better crash protection.
There have been reports that the launch of Alto 800 might get delayed due to the latest Manesar plant violence but Maruti would want to bring the car around the festive season of Diwali to ensure it doesn’t loose out to the market.
Since this article was written, there have been numerous new updates that have poured in. The car has been revealed by spy pics of exteriors and interiors. Engine specifications are now known. Surprising scoops include an Airbag loaded Alto 800 and CNG variant which were also spied. And, now Maruti has also started with the bookings of Alto 800. You can check all that in the following trail of articles..
- Maruti Alto 800 Interiors Revealed Clearly
- Maruti Alto 800 Launch on 16th October; Engine Specifications Revealed
- Just In! Maruti Opens Bookings for New Alto 800
- Big Surprise! Airbag Loaded New Alto 800 Spied;Includes First Interior Shots
Keep Abreast | Like us on FaceBook