It is known that Maruti is working on a facelift of Ritz. The new Ritz is expected to get launch during Diwali and we hope the latest close-out at Maruti’s Manesar plant does not force the company to postpone its launch.
Meanwhile Ritz continues its regular testing around Delhi- Gurgaon region with all those tapes at places which are expected to get a makeover.
If you have missed knowing about the changes on the facelifted Ritz, here we repeat them for you:
- New Ritz features slightly altered headlamps. They appear to be slightly sweptback to me.
- Fog lamps look similar to new Maruti Swift
- The bigger cosmetic change however looks like the front grille which looks a bit too wide open. From the bottom it is more rounded as compared to a flatter one on the existing Ritz. The grille is also changed and the most classic example I could relate to is that the new Ritz have my first standard Maths copy like squares and the existing one, my Hindi copy (running lines) 😛
- The bonnet also seems to have gone slight little changes. While on the existing Ritz it falls at least till the mid of the grille on either of its sides, on the new Ritz it goes over it
- The front bumper also is more ‘fluidic’ in nature.
For a comparison pic of existing and the upcoming Ritz, click here
- We understand that Ritz would get VVT (Variable Valve Timing) for the petrol engine similar to the new Swift and even the 1.3L DDIS engine is expected to get slight better tune.
- The most important bit here is the inclusion of ZDi variant which is not present till now. That means, the new car would be getting airbags finally!
- According to reports, production (possibly not mass!) has already started and Maruti might want to build up inventory before its launch so that people who book can get their cars earlier.
Spy Pics and Important Updates from Team-Bhp
If you want to see unmasked clear pictures of Indian version of Ritz spotted in Gurgaon, click here.
Suzuki has already launched the Ritz (called as Splash in a few international markets) in Europe and UK. Check out interiors and exterior pictures of the international model.
Ford is also preparing a facelift of Figo, Ritz chief nemesis, test mules of which have also been caught earlier and it is expected that refreshed Figo will also hit the market around Diwali.