Nissan, in order to grow their brand in India, launched the GT Academy competition to provide a platform to offer aspiring racers and gaming freaks to compete and win the driver discovery & development programme.
So far, they have received ‘unprecedented’ entries in less than two months of its launch in February 2014. More than 2000 aspiring racers have participated in GT Academy’s qualifying rounds which were conducted at the 2014 Delhi Auto Expo along with shopping malls in NCR and in Mumbai very recently between 20-23 March and at the end of this post you can see the latest updated standings.
A total of 28 participants (14 from live events & 14 from online qualification rounds) will proceed to the National Final international Race Championship.
These participants will go through a 2-day exhaustive physical & mental training and examination and top 6 candidates will get shortlisted who will go to the International Race Camp at Silverstone in UK.
The next events are scheduled as per the following itinerary:
- 17-20th April in Inorbit Mall, Hyderabad
- 15-18th May in Mantri Mall, Bengaluru
- 5-8th June in Express Avenue Mall, Royapettah Chennai
You can spot register at the corresponding venues or pre-register yourself by following either of these steps:
- Visit www.nissan.in (Click on the link and go to INNOVATION menu to find information about GT Academy)
- Visit www.facebook.com/nissanindia (Click on GT ACADEMY INDIA)
- SMS ‘GamerToPro <SPACE> <CITY> to 92 23 30 68 00 to pre-register for participation in Hyderabad, Bengaluru and/or Chennai
Nissan GT Academy Latest Standings
Martin Karkade from Mumbai is currently leading with the best lap times of under 2 minutes, followed by Saminder Singh Saan and Parth Patel who are neck to neck in terms of lap timings. If you want your name to be up there somewhere, do not miss out the next event in your city.