Barely have we finished writing about Ford’s first teaser image of the new 2016 EcoSport, we have received the official announcement of the launch of the compact SUV. Without any delay let us quickly list the important pointers and prices of all the models..
2016 EcoSport: Key Pointers
- On the looks front, the new EcoSport looks very similar to the outgoing model.
- The biggest change is the introduction of the more powerful tune of the same 1.5 Liter diesel engine
- The other two petrol engines – 1.5 L TiVCT and 1.0 L EcoBoost, continue to do duty
- Ford has introduced a new Trend+ variant which is offered with the EcoBoost and diesel engine only. This has resulted in a more affordable variant for the EcoBoost motor.
- The new EcoSport also sees the introduction of the new Golden Bronze color to the palette.
2016 EcoSport New Features
EcoSport now gets the following features
- Automatic headlamps
- Daytime Running Lights
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- Signature Light Guide
- Electro-chromic mirror etc
2016 EcoSport Engines & Fuel Efficiency
EcoSport is being offered in the same set of 3 engine options.
- 1.5L Ti-VCT Petrol churns out 112 PS of peak power and a fuel efficiency of 15.85 kmpl. It comes with a 5-speed manual transmission as well as the 6-speed dual clutch PowerShift automatic gearbox. 15.85 kmpl
- 1.0L EcoBoost Petrol produces the same 125 PS of max power and a fuel efficiency rating of 18.88 kmpl. It comes mated to a 5-speed transmission.
- 1.5L TDCI Diesel engine returns 100 PS of peak power and 205 Nm of max torque along with a rated fuel efficiency of 22.27 kmpl. In comparison, the older tune produced 91 PS and 204 Nm and had a very marginally higher 22.67 kmpl ARAI rated fuel economy.
2016 EcoSport Variants & Prices
Ford is offering the new EcoSport in a choice of 11 variants. Here is the list along with variantwise prices…
1.5L Ti-VCT Petrol
It is not offered in Trend+ & Titanium+ variants
- New EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Ambiente: Rs 6,79,563
- New EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Trend: Rs 7,75,363
- New EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium: Rs 8,90,963
- New EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium Automatic (AT) : Rs 9,93,363
1.0L EcoBoost Petrol
Ford has discontinued the Titanium variant for this engine and in comes a cheaper Trend+ trim
- New EcoSport 1.0L Petrol EcoBoost Trend+ : Rs 8,53,363
- New EcoSport 1.0L Petrol EcoBoost Titanium+: Rs 9,89,463
1.5L TDCi Diesel
- New EcoSport 1.5L Diesel Ambiente: Rs 7,98,144
- New EcoSport 1.5L Diesel Trend: Rs 8,70,244
- New EcoSport 1.5L Diesel Trend+: Rs 9,18,244
- New EcoSport 1.5L Diesel Titanium: Rs 9,85,844
- New EcoSport 1.5L Diesel Titanium+: Rs 10,44,344
We will share the brochure and price comparison between the older and new EcoSport soon. Stay tuned…