Volkswagen has taken off the covers of the 2015 Jetta at a ceremony in Mumbai yesterday. The new Jetta was launched at a starting price of Rs 14.15 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi). The cosmetic update adds a much needed zing to the car in a very civil and sophisticated way and targets the corporates primarily.
With a price tag lower than its nearest rival and sibling Octavia, Volkswagen India hopes to maintain a 10 per cent market share in the segment.
The new Jetta continues to use the same powertrain. The two engine options include:
- 1.4 Liter TSI petrol producing 122 PS of power at 5,000 rpm and 200 Nm of torque in the range of 1,500-4,000 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6 speed manual transmission and has a rated fuel efficiency of 14.69 kmpl
- 2.0 Liter TDI diesel which churns out 140 PS of power at 4,200 rpm and 320 Nm of torque in the range of 1,750 to 2,500 rpm. Transmission options include 6 speed manual and 6 speed DSG automatic gearboxes. With the manual transmission you can enjoy a rated fuel efficiency of 19.33 kmpl while the DSG returns 16.96 kmpl. The top end even gets paddle shifters for DSG transmission
The 4,659 mm long car has a fairly decent 159 mm ground clearance and a 55 Liter fuel tank. The cosmetic changes the new 2015 Jetta comes along with are…
- New front and rear bumpers
- New front grille
- New fog lamps
- New tail lamps
- New boot lid
- New twin-tube instrument cluster
- New flat-bottomed steering wheel with built-in multi-function controls
Oh wait, before we forget, the electronically adjustable and foldable ORVMs are heated! Cruise control Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS), Electronic Stabilization Programme (ESP) and 6 airbags are standard in all variants. If we talk entertainment, the Trendline gets just a CD player with 4 speakers and USB port, Comfortline gets iPod support and Aux-in while the top of the line Highline gets 6 CD changer with 8 speakers!
The updated Jetta comes in the following 6 colour options:
- Pure White
- Reflex Silver
- Toffee Brown
- Platinum Grey
- Blue Silk
- Deep Black
Upholstery options include leatherette or fabric in Cornsilk Beige.
New 2015 Jetta Prices:
|Fuel||Variant||Ex- Showroom (Rs)|
|Petrol 1.4 TSI||Trendline||13.87 lakh||14.15 lakh|
|Comfortline||15.36 lakh||15.67 lakh|
|Diesel 2.0 TDI||Trendline||15.01 lakh||15.31 lakh|
|Comfortline||16.89 lakh||17.24 lakh|
|Highline MT||18.76 lakh||19.14 lakh|
|Highline DSG||19.77 lakh||20.17 lakh|