Toyota’s segment leading Fortuner & Innova have received minor niptuck jobs to bring them to the headlines once again. Scheduled to get a major makeover and upgrade to their next generations next year, both these cars are expected to retain their numero uno position in their respective segments.
Let’s have a look at the two Utility Vehicles to find out what’s new in the two (all prices mentioned are ex-showroom, Delhi):
- The Fortuner gains a range- topping variant which gets automatic transmission on the 3.0L engine along with 4×4 and comes at a price tag of Rs 26,58,929. The 4×4 manual, 4×2 manual and 4×2 automatic continue to be offered as usual.
- It gets new 12 spoke, 17 inch alloy wheels and an all-black interior (only in automatic variants). Toyota has introduced a new navigation system called Navi with voice recognition switches on the steering wheel.
- The front headlamps gets smoke painted ornamentation. The rear combination lamps also get a smoked look. The front fog lamp cluster gets silver chrome bezel.
- Front airbags have already been made standard in all variants of all the Toyota cars in India, a move which certainly is impressive!
- Apart from the usual list of colours the Fortuner from now on will be available also in Bronze Mica Metallic colour.
- The 3.0L continues to churn out 171 PS of maximum power at 3,600 rpm and 343 Nm of torque in the range of 1,400-3,400 rpm with manual transmission and 360 Nm in the range of 1,400-3,200 rpm with automatic transmission. A 2.5L TRD Sportivo variant is also available.
- Quite funny is the fact that Toyota is calling this an ‘All-New’ Innova. Wonder what will they call the next-gen Innova which will be launched sometime next year.
- Innova gets a new front radiator protection grille, sporty moulding on the side indicators integrator in the ORVM. The wooden finish steering wheel gets new leather seats with folding second and third row.
- Dual front airbags and ABS standard across all variants. The Innova also gets a new oak coloured interior scheme.
- The G variant also gets third row roof mounted air con vents which will be a great relief in the harsh Indian summers.
- The touch screen display with audio, DVD, CD, USB, aux-in and Bluetooth functionality with a remote control will be at your service to take care of the entertainment factor in those long highway drives.
- The new Innova has been priced between Rs 10,51,451 and Rs. 15,80,930.