Hyundai India has launched the new Fluidic 4S Verna today at a starting price tag of Rs 7,73,903 for the petrol and Rs 8,94,910 (both prices ex-showroom, Delhi). The interesting 4S in the name stands for Stylish designing, Sophisticated interiors, Speed performance and Safer drive.
The new Verna facelift is an attempt by the Koreans to snatch back their lost market share which has been eaten up by Honda City and Maruti Ciaz.
The new Verna facelift continues to use the same powertrains:
- 1.4 L VTVT petrol producing 107 PS of power at 6,300 rpm and 135.24 Nm of torque at 5,000 rpm. It is mated with a 5 speed manual gearbox. The rated fuel efficiency is a modest 17.4 kmpl.
- 1.6 L VTVT petrol churning out 123 PS of power at 6,300 rpm and 154.84 Nm of torque at 4,200 rpm. transmission options include a 5 speed manual or a 4 speed automatic gearbox. Fuel efficiency has been rated as 17.01 kmpl.
- 1.4 L CRDi diesel producing 90 PS of power at 4,000 rpm and 219.52 Nm of torque in the range of 1,750 to 2,750 rpm with a 6 speed manual gearbox with a fuel efficiency rating of 24.8 kmpl.
- 1.6 L CRDi with VGT diesel producing 128 PS of power at 4,000 rpm and 259.7 Nm of torque in the range of 1,900 to 2,750 rpm. The fuel efficiency rating has been interestingly claimed as 23.9 kmpl.
New Verna Changes:
Hyundai India claims to have made quite a few changes in what they call is ‘the world sedan’, which include the following:
- They have stiffened the suspension a bit to cope up with the lunar craters Indian roads often turn into.
- The piston skirt has a ceramic coating which reduces friction and increases fuel efficiency. They also claim to use low viscosity oil which improves performance.
- The steering system uses telescopic adjustment for precise driving positioning and cam type tilt function for smooth operation.
Targeting mid and high level executives in the age group of 30s and 40s the new Verna facelift is positioned as a family mid-size sedan and is an attempt by the company to inject some freshness into the car.
ABS has been kept standard on all the variants and the top of the line variant gets 6 airbags. A 2 DIN audio system with 1 GB internal memory is an interesting addition for the segment. Keeping the rear passenger in mind, an ‘ergo’ lever has been added to the front seats which will allow the rear passenger to adjust the seat easily.
Variants & Pricing:
Here is the list of variants and prices of the new Verna facelift…
- New Verna Facelift 1.4 VTVT : Rs 7.74 Lakhs
- New Verna Facelift 1.6 S VTVT : Rs 8.85 Lakhs
- New Verna Facelift 1.6 S(O) VTVT : Rs 9.38 Lakhs
- New Verna Facelift 1.6 SX VTVT : Rs 10.15 Lakhs
- New Verna Facelift 1.4 CRDi: Rs 8.95 Lakhs
- New Verna Facelift 1.6 S CRDi: Rs 9.99 Lakhs
- New Verna Facelift 1.6 S(O) CRDi: 10.59 Lakhs
- New Verna Facelift 1.6 SX CRDi: Rs 11.47 Lakhs
- New Verna Facelift 1.6 S(O) AT petrol: Rs 10.11 Lakhs
- New Verna Facelift 1.6 SX AT diesel: Rs 12.20 Lakhs
The new Verna is available in the following colour options:
- Sleek Silver
- Phantom Black
- Pure White
- Red Passion
With this launch of the new Hyundai Verna, it becomes an interesting fight for supremacy in the C2 sedan segment. Will the erstwhile champ be able to snatch its number one seller position from City?