At an ongoing event today in Delhi, Honda has launched their new 2016 Amaze facelift at starting prices of Rs 5.3 Lakhs. The biggest news is the introduction of CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) on the petrol Amaze which makes it the first petrol car in this segment to offer one!
- New grille
- New headlamps
- Slight modification to the bonnet
- new bumper
- new fog lamp positioning
- Rear combination lights
- In essence, the new Amaze now looks more like the Mobilio from the front.
- Dual airbags optional from the base variant onwards.
- Dual-tone cockpit styled instrument panel
- New 3D speedometer design with MID
Note: Some websites have reported that Amaze facelift comes with automatic climate control from the base variant onwards which is NOT true! Honda has taken off any buttons or knobs for AC control and made them digital for a uniform layout of the center console across all variants. But essentially the base trims till the S (CVT) remain manually controlled ACs (with digital buttons).
2016 Amaze Facelift Engines
New Amaze continues with the same set of engines
- 1.2 Liter iVTEC Petrol engine which churns out 88 PS of peak power and 109 Nm of max torque. It gets the option of the conventional manual transmission as well as the new CVT, ARAI rated fuel economy of which is 18.1 kmpl.
- 1.5 Liter iDTEC diesel engine which churns out 100 PS of peak power and 200 Nm of maximum torque. Mated with a 5-speed transmission it has a rated fuel efficiency of 25.8 kmpl.
New Amaze Facelift Prices & Variants
Along with the 2 new CVT trims in petrol, Amaze facelift will be available in a total of 10 variants. Here are the respective prices..
- Honda Amaze E MT: Rs 5,29,900
- Honda Amaze S MT: Rs 5,95,400
- Honda Amaze SX MT: Rs 6,80,500
- Honda Amaze VX MT: Rs 7,19,900
- Honda Amaze S CVT: Rs 7,19,900
- Honda Amaze VX CVT: Rs 8,19,900
- Honda Amaze E MT: Rs 6,41,900
- Honda Amaze S MT: Rs 7,29,900
- Honda Amaze SX MT: Rs 7,82,000
- Honda Amaze VX MT: Rs 8,19,900
*all prices ex-showroom Delhi for non-metallic colours
New Amaze Facelift Colours
Honda will be offering the new Amaze in seven colour options
- Bluish titanium Metallic – New
- Tafetta White
- Prchid White Pearl
- Alabaster Silver Metallic
- Golden Brown Metallic
- Urban Titanium Metallic
- Carnelian Red Pearl