Audi has launched a new entry variant in the A3 sedan’s lineup – A3 40 TFSI! With this they have discontinued the Premium Plus variant which costed slightly over 30 Lakhs.
The A3 40 TFSI offers..
- Multifunctional Leather Steering wheel
- Lighting package plus
- Rear parking aid, automatic air conditioning with sun sensor
- Start/Stop function and energy recuperation
- Rough ride suspension
- Cruise control
The new A3 40 TFSI is powered by the same 1.8 Liter petrol engine which churns out 180 hp of peak power and a fuel efficiency of 16.6 kmpl. Apart from the features mentioned above, it also comes with seven airbags, ESC, anti-theft wheel bolts etc.
The A3 40 TFSI is priced at Rs 25.5 Lakhs and is assembled locally. Audi claims zero to hundred km/h sprint in 7.3 seconds and it gets an S-tronic dual clutch transmission.
However, against the Premium Plus variant, it misses out on the following features…
- No Xenon lamps, it gets conventional halogen headlamps
- Heck, it doesn’t even get fog lamps!
- It gets 16 inch alloy wheels (against 17 inchers of Premium plus), etc
Competition: Mercedes CLA