The new Polo facelift is finally here! Apart from the new diesel mill, the car has gone through a few cosmetic changes but it still has the same unmistakable German look glaring at you every time one looks at it.
Well, guess the winning of the world cup has certainly uplifted the Polo’s spirit and the usual somber stance, oozing of seriousness had transformed to a handsome and mysteriously charming car.
In the limited time we got to check out the car, here is a quick list of observations which were able to make:
- The front seat is comfortable and offers decent enough thigh and lumbar support in its segment.
- The legroom is great although the rear might seems a tiny bit constricted.
- The rear seats are very comfortable for two people but three will be a squeeze.
- Boot space is among the maximum for cars of this class.
- The usual solid build quality makes you feel confident in the car.
- The twin coloured dash might look good but cost cutting is somewhere evident.
- Standard twin airbags upfront on all variants is a welcome addition (continuation!).
New Polo Facelift Specifications:
Here is a complete list of specifications of the new Polo:
|Specification||Polo (petrol)||Polo (diesel)|
|Engine||1.2L three cylinder MPI||1.5L four cylinder TDI|
|Bore×Stroke (in mm)||76.5×86.9||77×80.5|
|Max. Power||75PS @5400rpm||90PS @4200rpm|
|Peak torque||110Nm @3750rpm||230Nm @1500-2500rpm|
|Transmission||5 speed manual||5 speed manual|
|L×B×H (in mm)||3971×1682×1469||3971×1682×1469|
|Tire Size||Trendline – 175/70 R14 (Steel), Comfortline- 185/60 R15 (Steel), Highline – 185/60 R15 (Alloy wheels)||Trendline – 175/70 R14 (Steel), Comfortline- 185/60 R15 (Steel), Highline – 185/60 R15 (Alloy wheels)|
|Kerb Weight||Trendline- 1033kg, Comfortline- 1049kg, Highline- 1053kg||Trendline-1126kg, Comfortline- 1142kg, Highline-1158kg|
|Price (ex-showroom, Delhi)||Rs 4.99 lakhs to Rs 6.07 lakhs||Rs 6.27 lakhs to Rs 7.37 lakhs|
New Polo Variants and Features:
New Polo comes in 6 variants – 3 each for petrol and diesel. Here we list major features of all of them
The Polo Trendline gets:
- Black finished headlights
- Driver-side dead pedal
- Dust and Pollen filter
- Push to Open fuel lid
Polo Comfortline gets (in addition to Trendline):
- Galvanised body with 6 years anti-corrosion warranty
- Windscreen in heat-insulating glass
- Front center console with 12V power outlet
- Ambient lights
- Anti-pinch power windows
- Electrically adjustable ORVMs
- Power windows with one touch – both front and rear
- Rear Wash and Wipe
- Fog lamps
Polo Highline gets (in addition to Highline):
- 15 inch ‘TOSA’ Alloy Wheels (spare is a non-alloy)
- Cornering lights
- Chrome interior ascents
- Dual tone interior theme
- Leather-wrapped gearshift knob and hand brake lever
- Speed sensing auto door locks
- Steering mounted controls for Bluetooth, audio and voice commands
- Rear parking sensors
While the new Polo 1.2L MPI and 1.5 TDI are already on sale now, the new Cross Polo, Polo GT TSI and Polo GT TDI will go on sale in early September.
Quick First Look:
Here are a few quick bits about the car, followed by a pic gallery
New 2014 VW Polo Facelift Pic Gallery