Very recently Fiat launched the awaited and fabulous looking new Punto EVO in India and at prices which should interest many, if not all.
- Front airbags with early crash sensors continue to be offered only on the Punto EVO Emotion and 90HP Sport variants
- In addition to the above variants, ABS with EBD are available in Dynamic variant as well. (So only the base Active variant doesn’t get it).
- Automatic door lock feature also comes in base Active variant which was limited to the top three trims earlier.
- ‘Height Adjustable front seat belts’ feature has been taken away from the Dynamic variant. It is only offered on the top Emotion and Sport.
- The car now employs reindeer head lamps and has light guide in the tail lamps.
- The Emotion and 90HP Sport variant now gets chrome plated door handles while earlier it was available only in the Sport.
- Fiat has also removed the front fog lamps from the Dynamic variant making it available only in the Emotion and Sport.
- Dual tone dashboard is now available in the Active variant as well, which it used to miss out on earlier.
- The Dynamic variant continues to lose out on instrumentation, does not get the rear defogger, wiper and washer. It even loses the 60:40 split rear seat configurations.
- The Active variant earlier used to have 4 speaker integrated CD/MP3 and FM player. Now, you just have to do with your phone or an after-market accessory. But what it gains is a real time mileage indicator! Yes why would one listen to music when they can know how much mileage their car is extracting at that instant!
- The ORVMs now get integrated indicators on all variants of the new Punto Evo. They were obviously not present earlier.
Fiat has played around with a lot of pluses and minuses but we do not see any glaring omission which should pose any serious threat or be a deal breaker! At the same time, they have reduced the prices almost justifying whatever has been slashed from the feature list.