Hyundai, India’s second largest car manufacturer has launched the 3rd Generation Santa Fe at the ongoing 12th Auto Expo. Here is a short article about what you need to know about the new version of the SUV Santa Fe.
The new Santa Fe is powered by Hyundai’s ‘R’ Series 3rd Generation 2.2L CRDi with e-VGT (electronic variable geometry turbocharger) capable of releasing a good 195 horses. Torque figures are about 421 Nm from 6-speed manual and about 436 Nm from the 6-speed automatic. Hyundai claims that the CRDi engine operates at a high pressure of 1800 bar, and hence returns very good low-end torque. This improves city driving characteristics, by lessening the number of required gearshifts.
- Manual returns 14.74 Km/L and the auto about 13.0 Km/L.
- Comes with intelligent 4 Wheel Drive System.
- Embodies Hyundai’s ‘Storm Edge’ design philosophy derived from much appreciated ‘Fluidic’ design philosophy.
- LED positioning lamps.
- 12-way power seats.
- Touch screen audio and virtual surround system.
- 6 airbags
The new Santa Fe comes laden with quite a few smart features in its interiors. Take for example the advanced infotainment audio system for the music-loving Indian customer. It is expected to produce quite an effect with 6 speakers for the virtual orchestra effect. The new Santa Fe also has a 4.3 inch LCD-TFT touchscreen with rear parking display, and features such as Bluetooth and steering mounted audio controls.
If you thought the feature list ends here, then here are more :
- Electronic Safety Control (ESC).
- Advanced Traction Cornering Control (ATCC).
- Dual-zone fully automatic temperature control.
- Hill assist and downhill brake control.
- ABS and Vehicle Stability Management system for optimum safety during panic braking at different terrain.
- Flex Steer to switch among 3 steering modes – comfort, normal, and sport.
- Cooled glove box to keep the beer chilled.
- Cruise control and reverse parking sensors with camera.
- Fog lamps with cornering lamps.
- Bluetooth, USB, MP3 and CD compatibility with steering-mounted controls.
The furnishing is 2-tone beige and brown, with a leather-wrapped gear knob. The third row seat is split 50/50 and can be folded flat. The second row is in a ratio of 40:20:20.
The new Santa Fe will be available in a range of 5 new colors.