There were two national premiers at the Skoda stall at the Auto Expo. One, you already know was the new Superb facelift which will be launched today and the other one is the new Yeti facelift.
This also signals the return of new improved Yeti in India and we believe it will be better received this time. Yeti facelift was unveiled last year in two variants and features a new simpler yet more masculine front and a niptuck job at the rear. Skoda also cleared that it will be the Yeti Outdoor Version, that we will get in India.
Main features and changes of New Yeti facelift:
- Redesigned bumpers
- Air Intakes
- Under-ride protection
- side mouldings
- door sills customised in black lacquered plastic
- bi-xenon headlamps with LED DRLs
- 16 inch alloys
- Cruise Control
- electronically adjustable driver’s seat
- electronic tyre pressure monitoring system
- KESSY (Keyless Entry Start and Exit System)
India will get two engine options on the new Yeti, both diesel:
- 2.0L TDI 110PS diesel coupled with a 5 speed manual transmission: Only front wheel drive
- 2.0L TDI 140PS diesel mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox: All-Wheel Drive as standard
New Yeti Indian Launch
Skoda has informed us that they will launch the new Yeti facelift in India during the second half of 2014. Skoda India launched the Yeti in 2010 and has sold a meagre 4567 units to the customers. The new Yeti will be manufactured at Skoda’s Aurangabad plant in Maharashtra.
We expect them to price the very potent compact SUV at a sensible price this time to lure the masses into it.
New Skoda Yeti Facelift Pic Gallery