At an ongoing event in Delhi, Volkswagen has just launched the new Polo facelift which gets a new diesel engine along with a few cosmetic changes.
- New Polo will be available in 3 engine options – 1.2L MPI and 1.2L TSI petrol engines as well as the new 1.5L TDI diesel motor.
- VW has discontinued the 1.2L TDI diesel engine from the portfolio
- Regular Polo goes on sale from today
- High performance Polo GT TSI, GT TDI and Cross Polo will also be offered with the new face from September.
- All variants of Polo come fitted with airbags as standard.
- Ground clearance of the new Polo is 165mm, down from the 168mm of the older car.
- New Polo is also 1mm longer.
New Polo Changes and Features
- New Front Grille
- Redesigned front bumper
- Integrated fog lamps and cornering lights
- Newly designed headlamps
- Modified rear bumper with registration plate holder and reflectors
- New fabrics for seats
- Flat-bottom steering wheel
- Silver colored center console
Polo Engine Options:
1.2L TSI Petrol Engine: This is the same 1.2L turbocharged engine which churns out 105PS of power and 175Nm of torque. It is mated to a 7-Speed DSG transmission.
New 1.5L TDI Diesel Engine: This is the biggest change on the new Polo. It gets the new 1.5L motor which is available in two tunes. On the regular Polo it is available in the 90PS and 230Nm tune whereas on the GT TDI version it will be available with 105PS of peak power and 250Nm of max torque.
Apart from these two, the 1.2L MPI petrol engine from the older Polo has been carried over.
Fuel Economy Diesel Engine: (ARAI Certified)
- 1.5L TDI 90PS: 20.14 kmpl
- 1.5L TDI 105PS: 19.91 kmpl
- 1.2L TSI: 17.21 kmpl
New Polo Facelift Prices:
- Polo 1.2L MPI: Rs 4.99 Lacs to 6.07 Lacs
- Polo 1.5L TDI: Rs 6.27 Lacs to 7.37 Lacs
- Cross Polo: Rs 7.9 Lacs
- Polo GT TDI: Rs 7.99 Lacs
- Polo GT TSI: Rs 7.99 Lacs
Volkswagen’s Polo has always been one of the most simple and best looking cars in the segment. The only area where it lacked against the competition was the tractor like underpowered 1.2L diesel engine. And this is precisely the gap which Volkswagen has rightfully filled with the new engine, which will later on find place on the new Vento and Skoda range as well.
They have not tinkered with the looks of the car too much which is a very good thing. With the new engine, Polo is one real threat in the intensely competitive segment.
New Polo Facelift Pics: