Ford India officially unveiled the Next-Gen Figo in the sub-4 meter sedan guise just a few days before the Auto Expo in February and showcased it at the gala show as well.
However, the display model was just a concept with unfinished interiors. When we asked Ford’s top honchos about them, they said – ‘Leave something for the future as well to continue with the interest levels in the car. With this they also promised to reveal them sometime later.
Meanwhile, the Brazilian arm of Ford had already showcased the hatchback version of Next-Gen Figo (which they call as Ka) along with its full sized sedan version and are about to go on sale in the largest South American country.
In an interesting update and for the first time, an interior pic allegedly of the New Figo has been posted by a Brazilian site Noticias Automotivas. It is being said that this picture was uploaded by some Ford dealer on Facebook.
The theme and layout of the overall dashboard does carry a lot of cues from the recent Fords we have in India (EcoSport & Fiesta) and hence it does make us believe that this is the first ever revelation of the Next-Gen Figo’s interiors.
So what do we notice?
- A docking station for smartphones: According to the dealer, new Ford Figo twins will come with “My Ford Dock” which will allow the user to stock his smartphone which, we believe will act as an infotainment system for the car.
- The twin-pod dials in the instrument cluster almost look EcoSport-ish.
- The central AC vents are vertically stacked
- There are silver ascents on the center console. It houses a small screen along with the regular buttons and the volume button takes the center stage as we have seen on the EcoSport.
- Ford has also carried over the black color theme on the dashboard like the EcoSport.
Brazilian launch of Next-Gen Ka (both sedan and hatchback) is expected shortly, possibly within this month. There is no word about the next-gen Figo in India from Ford so far but we believe it should not be later than sometime next year.