Nissan has just released the Sunny facelift in the market for a starting price of Rs 6.99 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi). The car looks bolder and chunkier and is based on the same tenth generation of the car which was launched in India in 2011.
New 2014 Nissan Sunny Facelift Changes:
The changes in the car include:
- Newer and large boomerang shaped headlamps
- Bigger front radiator protection grille
- Re-designed front and rear bumper
- Excess of chrome inserts in the grille and fog lamp section
- Turn signals mounted on Outside Rear View Mirrors (ORVMs)
- New 12 spoke Y-pattern alloy wheels
- Black diffuser cladding
- Chrome strip on the boot cover
- Short antenna on the rear end of the roof
Sunny has been very well known for its very impressive interior space. It also adopts some new changes to keep up with the changing times:
- New re designed dashboard
- Piano-black centre console
- New leather wrapped steering wheel with aluminium inserts and steering mounted audio and telephone controls
- The gear knob also gets aluminium inserts
- The top variant (XV) also gets a 5.1 inch display for the audio system, which also doubles up as a display for the reverse parking camera.
Sunny Facelift Color Options:
New Sunny will be available in six colors:
- Pearl White (New)
- Deep Grey (New)
- Nightshade (New)
- Onyx Black
- Bronze Grey
- Blade Silver
New Nissan Sunny Facelift Engines:
Sunny, in its new form, retains both the set of engines which means it continues to be powered by the 1.5L HR15 petrol engine as well as the 1.5L K9K diesel engine.
Like earlier, the petrol engine is being offered with a choice of 5-speed manual transmission as well as the Xtronic CVT transmission whereas the diesel continues to be offered only with the 5-speed manual gearbox.
Sunny Facelift Fuel Efficiency:
The new Sunny facelift is rated at the following ARAI certified ratings:
- Sunny facelift Petrol Manual: 16.95 kmpl
- Sunny Facelift Petrol CVT: 17.97 kmpl
- Sunny Facelift Diesel: 22.71 kmpl
Sunny Facelift Variants and Price:
Nissan is offering the new Sunny in 8 different variants. Here is the list along with their prices.
- Sunny XE: Rs 6.99 Lakhs
- Sunny XL: Rs 7.61 Lakhs
- Sunny XL CVT: Rs 8.91 Lakhs
- Sunny XE D: Rs 7.99 Lakhs
- Sunny XL D: Rs 8.6 Lakhs
- Sunny XV D: Rs 9.33 Lakhs
- Sunny XV D Premium (Leather): Rs 9.8 Lakhs
- Sunny XV D Premium (Safety): Rs 9.6 Lakhs
Sunny facelift definitely looks more interesting and impressive than the outgoing model which looked a little odd from some angles. It also gets enhanced mileage and a few other tweaks. So, if an entry-level C-segment sedan is what you are looking out for with a lot of space, Nissan’s Sunny facelift appears to be one real interesting prospective.