Hours before its official unveiling, we have landed upon absolutely undisguised spyshots of Nissan Terrano. This clears the air around the new offering that, apart from other compact SUVs, will also rival its own sibling Duster!
Terrano is Nissan’s take on the blooming Compact SUV market. The plans for the Terrano were revealed way back, when Nissan released a few of its sketches. Since then, there have been a slew of spyshots of the Terrano that has been testing on Chennai’s roads. The buzz had been kept going, and it reaches a crescendo with the latest snaps. Evidently, these are from a Nissan stockyard.
Though Nissan Terrano is a badge-engineered product (probably the last) based on the Renault Duster, the newest spyshots do suggest it is a lot different in terms of styling.
Here are the differences and features that we can notice:
- Take a casual glance and you realize its not the Duster. Inspite of the similar build, the face is different. The headlamps are sharper, and the bonnet is redesigned with the Nissan badge gleaming on the engine grille!!
- While Duster gets a black under-cladding, there are body coloured bumpers for the Terrano. Well, atleast in the photos available till now.
- Arguably, the Renault Duster possesses a more butch-looking front portion than the Nissan Terrano.
- The Terrano sports newer alloy wheels. But they are shaped in the form of five-petal flower!! Wasn’t everything about Compact-SUVs supposed to be rugged, to shoo away the puny proportions??
- Another different feature is the inclusion of darkened window pillars. However, the roofline and the windowline of the Nissan Terrano are exactly similar to that of the Renault Duster.
- At the rear, things are quite different. The windshield might be the same one, but everything else is a completely new affair. There is a chrome bar present here too, but it doesn’t have “TERRANO” etched on it like the one on the Renault Duster. And frankly speaking this is where Nissan has made a potpourri!
- Hey, are we the only ones to spot a minute semblance to the Ford EcoSport’s tail-lamps on this Nissan Terrano??
Call it a Duster-in-Disguise if you will, but we feel it will take even the most seasoned auto-enthusiast to spot revealing similarities on the Nissan Terrano as compared to the Renault Duster, from afar of course!!
The strategy for a different look on the Terrano seems to bode well for Nissan too. They have been slammed for the utter brand confusion that followed the pairs of Scala and Sunny, as well as the Pulse and the Micra.
In all probability, we will get the 1.6 Litre Petrol and the 1.5 Litre Diesel powerplants on the Nissan Terrano. And then there is almost the certainty that both 85 PS and 110 PS tunes will make way. But you have to dig deeper into your bank accounts to get this Terrano. A premium of half-a-lakh INR is what Nissan will charge for Terrano according to speculations. The details and the car as a whole will be out on Tuesday, when the media unveiling of the Terrano will take place. However, you can lay your hands on one only after a few more months, possibly a couple, when the launch will take place somewhere (expected) in October.
Spyshots Courtesy : Indian Autos Blog