Nissan has officially unveiled the Terrano today in a filmy ishtyle at a film studio in Mumbai. MotorBash was invited to witness the official unwrapping of the compact SUV which, the company expects, will change their fortunes in India.
Here are all the important pointers you wish to know on Nissan Terrano:
- Terrano will be launched in October
- Nissan has promised a priced tag of sub 10 lakhs onwards. This means the base variant will start from sub 10 lakhs!
- Pre Bookings start from 01 September
- Deliveries will start before Diwali.
- Terrano will be the fourth vehicle that will be rolled out from Nissan’s Oragadam plant apart from Micra, Sunny and Evalia.
- Nissan expects Terrano to catapult its sales in India
- Terrano badge has been resurrected by Nissan after its earlier Terrano which was launched way back in 1986 and saw 3-generations. However, this new Terrano and that older Terrano doesn’t have anything in common, possibly not even a nut!
- Terrano has fair bit of differences with the vehicle it is built on- Renault Duster! It comes with Nissan’s V-Motion design signature from the front. Its at the rear we feel Nissan has gobbled up things and the rear looks awkward to look at.
- The interiors are different from Duster and come in beige color along with dual tone dashboard.
Present at the unveiling venue was director Kabir Khan who directed the new model unveiling simulating three different situations – a cityscape, campsite and a luxury resort to reflect Terrano’s everyday’s utility.
At a sub-10 lakh price tag Nissan has already signalled that it will be priced higher than Duster. This also hints at the possibility that Terrano might come only in diesel 85PS and 110PS variants and ditch the petrol engine completely. Duster in itself is a costly car and Terrano following the suit will make matters worse for the company.
Will Nissan be able to pull this one off with different interiors, looks and freshness? It remains to be seen!
We will update digicam pictures including interior shots of the car shortly!
Also Read: Our complete coverage on Terrano