Maruti Suzuki has rolled out invitations and as was expected the launch of next masterstroke – Ciaz SHVS is scheduled for Tuesday September 1 in Delhi.
In its invite mailer, Maruti Suzuki is calling it the launch of “India’s First Smart Hybrid Diesel Car“. We have talked about Ciaz SHVS many a times and let us quickly summarize what we know till now…
- SHVS stands for Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki
- Maruti will launch the hybrid system on the 1.3L DDIS diesel engine and it will be a first in the segment.
- With this, the regular Ciaz diesel will be discontinued.
- Few reports point at the possibility of a whooping 28 kmpl rated fuel efficiency figure. Whatever finally transpires, Ciaz will definitely gain some important pointers in FE figures.
- Price hike variant to variant is expected to be not much – possibly under 40,000 at max.
- Three features of Ciaz SHVS which have been revealed before its official launch – Dedicated Start/Stop, Deceleration Energy Regeneration and Engine Power Assist. We have discussed them here.
- Ciaz SHVS also gets a gear indicator and few other minor changes.
- On the looks front, it looks identical to the current car save for a few badges of SHVS here and there.
- The diesel hybrid tech will also go to other cars like Dzire, Ertiga etc
So here we are, five days away from the official launch of Maruti’s next salvo at Honda’s City, the segment leader in C2 sedans.