The outgoing WagonR will be the shortest living variant/facelift in the car’s history. And only Maruti knows why it had to launch a facelift, though minor, within only nine months of the current one’s life.
Nonetheless, the company has finally shared official press release with us informing about the car in detail. We will quickly wrap up all what you should know about the new WagonR.
- New WagonR, as the company puts it, is an outcome of customer feedback.
- New Front fascia and minor cosmetic changes
- It is 8 percent more fuel efficient. It is now rated at 20.51 Kmpl
- Refreshed exteriors
- OBD-II Compliant
- New Dual-Tone interiors
- Introduction of two new colors: Passion Red and Ecru Beige. Total colors stand at 7 – Glistening Grey, Superior White, Breeze Blue, Silky Silver, Baker’s Chocolate apart from the 2 already mentioned.
- Maruti attributes the increment in fuel efficiency to – lesser friction, enhanced engine breathing and improved combustion
- ‘Introduction of low viscosity transmission oil helps in smoother gearshift and lower maintenance costs’, claims Maruti.
- Vxi trim comes with complete beige seats. Lx & Lxi have a combination of beige and black.
- Vxi gets a new eagle wings audio system with integrated USB and aux-in
- New storage box in upper Instrument Panel.
- Day/Night inside rear view mirror
- New WagonR continues to be powered by the K-10 petrol motor which generates 68PS of power at 6200 rpm and 90Nm of torque at 3500 rpm.
Prices (ex-showroom Delhi)
- New WagonR Lx : Rs 3.58 Lakh
- New WagonR Lxi: Rs 3.88 Lakh
- New WagonR Lxi CNG: Rs 4.42 Lakh
- New WagonR Vxi: Rs 4.13 Lakh
This is an increment of approximately Rs 9000-10000 on all variants. You can know the on-road prices of the new WagonR here.