Chevrolet is preparing a global Compact SUV Trax which would be released a plethora of markets. There is, however, no official confirmation about its Indian intents, but we are sure General Motors would not want to miss a burgeoning compact SUV market like India.
Chevrolet has revealed official details about Trax and here they are:
- Trax would be world premiered at the Paris Motor Show on 27 September
- Trax would be Chevrolet’s first compact SUV
- Chevrolet claims Trax as “a modern, highly versatile yet fuel-efficient small SUV, offering car-like handling and all-wheel drive“
- Trax measures 4248mm in length, 1776 mm in width and has a wheelbase of 2555mm
- Trax would be a 5-seater
- Trax would have 3 engine options – 1.4L turbo-charged 140hp/200Nm petrol, 1.6L petrol and 1.7L 130hp/300Nm turbo-diesel engines
- Trax would also be offered with an optional All-Wheel Drive system
- Trax would have manual as well as automatic transmission options.
- Trunk size is 358 liters
- 60:40 split rear seats
- Higher variants would come with Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system
- Safety features include: Six Airbags, Electronic Stability Control (ESC) including Hill Start Assist (TSA), Traction Control, ABS with EBD, Trailer Stability Assist (TSA) & Hill Descent Control (HDC)
If and when Chevrolet plans to get this C-SUV in India, it would be heavily Indianised and possibly would also come with different and lower powered engines. It would be pitted against the likes of Renault Duster which is a rage these days in India and the upcoming Ford EcoSport.
That’s not all! Maruti Suzuki and Toyota are also planning their compact SUVs for the Indian market. So, before you sneak through to the picture gallery of Chevy Trax below, cast your view on which one among these 4 appeal to you the most?[polldaddy poll=6461178]
Chevrolet Trax Picture Gallery: