As was expected, with the launch of the new shortened DZire, the older ‘longer’ DZire’ has now a different role to play. AutoCar has reported that the older DZire which would be rechristened as DZire ‘Tour’, would be relaunched next month but this time the sale would be limited to only the Taxi Fleet operators.
- In its new role the car would be called as Dzire ‘Tour’
- The car would be available in both Diesel and Petrol (How many takers for this?)
- Dzire Tour would only be available in their lowest trims ie LXi and LDi
- Basic features would include an AC, Power Steering.
- No body colored features – front and rear bumpers, rear view mirrors and door handles would all be black.
- Dzire Tour would be priced at 4.88 Lakh for the Petrol variant and 5.91 Lakh for the Diesel variant (both prices ex-showroom New Delhi)
With Maruti playing the short version game, it remains to be seen how does the shortened Dzire perform in a little longer run and it doesn’t cannibalize sales with Swift and possibly the forthcoming Ritz.
Source : AutoCar